Happy spring, dear readers!
The spring equinox was just a few days ago, and my tulips noticed. While they’re not in full bloom yet, they are several inches tall!
My thesis is due at the end of this week, so I spent most of last month writing, revising, or going on health breaks (hiking with the pup). So, the March 2017 newsletter takes a look at projects I’ve just published, along with some other people’s work.
March Table of Contents
- Insight: Photo-realistic drawing expectations can get in your way.
- Sketching Tip: Handy portable drawing materials
- Artful Science: Learning by drawing
- Artful Classrooms: Students explore connections between art and energy issues
- News & Events:
- Presentation on Ecologically True Story of the Tortoise & the Hare scheduled for 4/3
- Citizen science article (including photos & illustrations) published in Western Confluence magazine
- Biodiversity illustrations published in American Scientist magazine
- Get your portable sketching kit, plus spring greeting cards and gifts from me! 🙂