Despite research demonstrating how effective drawing can be for learning and for assessment, a lot of people avoid incorporating this powerful visualization tool because they themselves don’t draw.
That is why I work with collaborators at the University of Wyoming and beyond to enable others to incorporate sketching into:
- data collection
- public engagement efforts
- science learning process for students
- assessment of how science students are synthesizing what they’re being taught
My approach is to provide a basic foundation in sketching skills, and then focus on how non-artists can effectively utilize sketching or facilitate sketching for their students.
- Why drawing and science?
- About me
- See the following links for resources I have shared on this site:
- Contact me to collaborate, brainstorm, or get some advice.
“What I really appreciate is what you bring to workshops, Bethann — a structured, interactive, androgogical approach to everything you do. It is in our ability to find other workshop facilitators like you that will enable us to stand out: if only it were that simple.” M. Thibeau, executive director; community development & entrepreneurship organization (Canada)