I make communicating about your work EASY, by ensuring the words and images you use say exactly what you mean to say.
I can brainstorm with you, edit your manuscripts and text for academic popular audiences, and even create custom text and images to highlight exactly what you want to communicate.
What do you get?
- More time, less stress. Really. Our customized support helps you decide what you want. Then, I take care of that whole aspect of your project, so you don’t have to.
- Peace of mind that I know what you’re talking about. I have a decade of experience with science, sustainability, and nonprofit projects, so you won’t have to spend lots of time explaining vocabulary and concepts. See “Meet the Team” for details (including resumes & CVs)
- 100% confidentiality. Period. I understand that your intellectual property, data, and other materials are fundamental to the success of your project and steward them accordingly.
- Confidence that I am authentically interested in your work. I am a working science communicator, and my science advisor/husband is a wildlife ecologist. Science and sustainability are not just our jobs – they are our way of life. Working with you, I get to learn about what you’re doing, and then help tell the world why your project matters.
What are your service-specific benefits?
- Editing clients: satisfaction that your project says what you mean to say. I collaborate with researchers and nonprofits around the world to ensure your communication is expressive, effective, and appropriate, and that your finished project sounds natural. I am a native English speaker who works with you to ensure clarity, flow, and readability, and to choose a strong and engaging vocabulary.
- Image clients: One-of-a-kind images that catch people’s attention and express your point using an elegant-yet-quirky style. Why does this matter? According to this source, 90% of information transmitted to the brain is visual, and visuals are processed 60,000X faster in the brain than text. Equally important, 40% of people will respond better to visual information than plain text. Bethann’s illustrations and award-winning photography are ideal for emphasizing an ecology or sustainability concept, a science history anecdote, or to document the world around you.
- Coaching & Instruction clients: Customized coaching and instruction so that you can focus on what you are communicating and do it well – without laboring over it or boring your audience.
Contact me today to brainstorm, request a quote, or ask questions.
I look forward to hearing from you!
LinkedIn: Bethann Garramon Merkle