Scroll down or click here for Photography Testimonials.
- “We DEFINITELY have you in mind for almost every post we look at. We love your style and want to save you for something really awesome. You’ll be hearing from us again!!” The team at www.buzzhootroar.com re these images
- “I can tell you’re good at sketches! For sketches, it’s like writing a good summary: you need to extract the graphical core of what you’re seeing!” M. Basille, ecological research scientist
- “I need you back to lead the field journaling. You’d be the perfect person to do that, absolutely, no question. […] You brought so much to the WildCiv program and are still at the nexus.” N. Phear, University of Montana Climate Change Studies program coordinator and co-founder; former University of Montana Wilderness and Civilization coordinator
- Click here for more sketching and field journal workshop testimonials. –>
- Wildlife illustrations for conference document: “Very nice! Very impressive and just what is be needed to dress up a stodgy document!” Dr. P. Krausman, Chair of University of Montana’s Boone and Crockett Club Wildlife Research program
- “Oh how lovely! You really captured the spirit of the event.” S. Nadeau, soprano, Orchestra Symphonique de Quebec, re opera live sketches
- “What an interesting and original view from Paris exhibition! I love your sketches.” S. Toupin, science curator, Musée de la Civilization re these sketches from a museum exhibit.
- Science in action: “Honestly, I think those are some of the coolest photos that I have seen come off of any of our [prescribed burns]. It clearly shows that we need to bring people with us that know how to use cameras. Your photos are especially great because you have shots with everyone wearing the proper PPE which sadly is an irregularity. These will be great for determining fire intensity. I will be sure to mention you in my report to my manager about this prescribed fire.” Fire Management Technician, Prince Albert National Park (Canada) re these images.
- Food & Travel: “The article on Quebec lobster has excellent photos. It’s hard to photograph food, but you seem to have a professional eye for it. When I saw it I was ready to dig right in!” re this article
- “Collaborating with photographer Bethann Merkle during our annual volunteer appreciation evening was a delight. Her ability to capture the moment while being unobtrusive was remarkable – her equipment works in low light and her images caught great expressions and flattering poses even though people were eating and talking. Her professionalism shone through in every aspect of her work, and our staff and volunteers were able to relax and enjoy the event knowing she was taking care of recording it. I really appreciate her attention to detail, creativity, and on-time delivery. I would recommend her work to other non-profit orgs looking for something a little out of the ordinary!” Jan Anderson, Jeffrey Hale Community Services
- “You are a FABULOUS event photographer. You captured so many of the moments that I will remember so well.” Bridesmaid/sister of the bride; pre-wedding shots at a Seattle wedding.